Keratoconus & Me
A Photography Contest for the International Keratoconus Community
How are you able to thrive despite your keratoconus?
While having keratoconus (KC) impacts daily living, it doesn’t have to stand in the way of your goals. The US-based National Keratoconus Foundation (NKCF), Keratoconus Australia, and the UK-based Keratoconus Group invite anyone connected to the keratoconus community to share how you have been able to achieve your goals despite having KC. We want to encourage those with KC to keep chasing their dreams and we want to celebrate our impressive and diverse keratoconus community!
Submissions must be received by October 31, 2023. No more than two photo submissions per entrant. Photos will be judged in one of the following categories:
1. Youth (17 and under)
2. Adult (age 18-64)
3. Senior (age 65+)
4. Eye Care Professional
Photos will be judged by representatives from the NKCF, Keratoconus Australia, and Keratoconus Group. Finalists can be viewed after November 1 on social media and at nkcf.org.
Winners will be announced on World KC Day, November 10, 2023. All images will become property of the NKCF, Keratoconus Australia and Keratoconus Group.
View the 2022 Finalists Submissions Here.
View the 2021 Finalists Submissions Here.
Who May Enter?
- Anyone touched by keratoconus (those living with the condition, as well as family and friends, and eye care professionals who treat or study KC). If you are less than 18 years of age, a parent or guardian’s permission is required.
What to Enter?
- Any photo image that helps to tell the story of how KC affects perspective or helps to tell a KC story. Reflect on challenges or achievements. Share a message about life with KC. Your photos will help raise global awareness on World KC Day, November 10, 2023.
- Photographs must have been taken by the person entering the contest. Images may be enhanced before submission including application of filters, screens, or use of software programs like Adobe Photoshop. Any edits to the original photograph must be performed by the photographer.
- There are no restrictions regarding subject matter or location. You must have permission if you include any recognizable person in your photograph and you may not infringe upon copyright or trademark material by explicitly featuring it in the photograph. Please no inappropriate or objectionable content.
- All images submitted will become the non-exclusive property of NKCF, Keratoconus Australia, and Keratoconus Group and may be used in stories, articles and social media.
How to Enter
- All photo entries must be submitted electronically. No mail-in entries will be accepted. Acceptable file formats are JPG, JPEG, PNG, and GIF. There is a limit of 2 photographs per entrant. A separate entry form must be completed for each photograph. There is no fee to participate in the contest. Incomplete entries will not be considered.
- Entries are accepted through midnight local time on October 31, 2023 and must be made through the contest portal on www.nkcf.org (below). Finalists and prizes will be announced on World KC Day, November 10, 2023.
- Images will be judged by representatives from NKCF, Keratoconus Australia and Keratoconus Group. Finalists will be selected based on impact, originality, artistic merit and how well the photo shares some element of life with keratoconus.
Submit your photo HERE
Keratoconus & Me A Photography Contest for the Keratoconus Community is sponsored through the generosity of Eye Print Prosthetics.